Interesting Biography Facts
Shayaa Bin Abraham-Joseph
rapper, songwriter, record producer
October 22, 1992
Stone Mountain Middle School; South Gwinnett High School
21 Savage family members
6 sisters and 4 brothers
Is 21 Savage a gay/bisexual?
What is 21 Savage marital status?
How many children does he have?
21 Savage kids
He welcomed his first 2 children at the tender age of 19. In general 21 Savage has three cute little angels as for now.
Who are 21 Savage parents?
Shayaa Abraham-Joseph’s father is a dark horse for the rapper’s fans. His name is hidden from the wide audience. 21 Savage tells about his dad very rarely in his interviews, while he is always ready to speak about his mother. Red Opps singer’s dad is of Haitian origin. He earned his living as a drug dealer. The man left the family when his son Shayaa was still a kid. The hip-hop star grew up with his mother’s boyfriend.
Heather Abraham-Joseph (mother)
It seems that the rapper has amicable relationships with his mother. He speaks about her with warmth in his voice. She was very poor and worked from morning till night to provide her 11 kids for food and worn-out clothes. She resided with her family in a small run-down flat and often had altercations with black-skinned neighbors.
At the same time, Heather was the person, who taught 21 Savage to love and understand music. She listened to R&B all the time and was a big fan of a band “Silk”. She also liked Jay-Z’s (Beyoncé husband) music. In addition, Heather is a very religious woman. She practices Ifá religion, which is widespread in West Africa. She put lots of efforts to make her son Shayaa a kind person – and she succeeded in it.
Our today hero has a tattoo with his mother’s name on his belly.
21 Savage siblings
Tayman Abraham-Joseph (older brother)
Tayman was his older brother and petty criminal, who was assassinated at a very young age. He was shot during the drug deal, and his death made a depressing impression on his brother. After that Shayaa made a tattoo of a dirk between the eyebrows. The same tattoo his late sibling had.
Except for Tayman, the hip-hop artist has 6 sisters and 2 brothers.
Now he is a celebrity and owner of multi-million net worth, who dreams to buy a private jet. It’s hard to believe that less than 5 years ago he was just a criminal, who was shot from a gun on his 21st birthday. The hip-hop artist 21 Savage tells, that the shooting accident, during which his close friend was killed, played the key role in his fate. After that, he focused his attention on music, and that led him to success.
Born in a poor family in Dominica, he grew up in Atlanta, GA. The boy spent his early years in a bad neighborhood. He took the gun in his hands for the first time at the age of 8. Since that moment he had developed a strong passion for weapons. In his teens, Shayaa owned several pistols, and one of them even brought to school. He was dismissed after that, and his mother had to move their family to Gwinnett County to get her son enrolled to school there. But Shayaa was banned again. He started to smoke weed and sell drugs, like most of the people in his immediate circle.
He could easily become a criminal and appear in jail. Otherwise, he could be murdered, like his older brother and many of his friends. But music saved him. As for now, the rapper boasts with a number of hit singles and extended plays. His debut set of songs “Issa Album” was certified as gold in the USA.
Interesting and fun facts
- As for now, his net worth is estimated at $6 million.
- His height is 5 ft 10, and his weight is 159 pounds.
- He became even more popular due to his high profile relationships with a model Amber Rose. They started dating summer, 2017 and even planned to get engaged. In spite of 11-year age gap, they looked amazing together at the red carpet. But in March 2018 the couple separated.
- 21 Savage started his career under the patronage of a renowned producer Metro Boomin, whose birth name is Leland Wayne. The rapper met him through a friend and used the money he earned through selling drugs to buy some time at the recording studio. According to another source, he had cash from the uncle of his killed friend.
- In spite of his criminal (to some extent) past, a rapper is a person with a big heart. He spends the part of his income for charity. During the guest appearance at Ellen DeGeneres show, he confessed that he founded a company “Bank Account”, which is aimed to increase the financial literacy of kids.
- He is a big fan of planes. The man dreamed to become a pilot in his school years. He is learning to fly a plane as for now and is going to get a driving license soon.
- He has an amicable relationship with a rapper Drake. The latter one gave him Ferrari for his birthday in 2016.
- He recorded a single “X” in collaboration with the rapper Future, which got more than 58 million views on YouTube.