Interesting Biography Facts
Carrie Marie Underwood
March 10, 1983
Muskogee, Oklahoma, United States
Checotah High School; Northeastern State University
Carrie Underwood family members
Shanna Underwood (older sister), Stephanie Underwood (older sister)
Is Carrie Underwood a lesbian/bisexual?
What is Carrie Underwood marital status?
Who is Carrie Underwood husband?
When did get married?
July 10, 2010
How many children does she have?
2 (sons Isaiah Michael Fisher and Jacob Bryan Fisher)
Carrie Underwood relatives
Carrie Underwood was an ordinary girl from Oklahoma till she won American Idol contest in 2005. That very year she released her first album “Some Hearts”, which got favorable feedback. Now she boasts with 6 successful studio albums, with some acting gigs, including the talented play in the 5th season of the hit TV show “How I Met Your Mother”, and with 7 Grammies in her collection of awards.
Carrie has a star magnetism, but in her early years, she had no idea, that she would become a famous singer. She came from an ordinary non-musical family, which resided in Checotah, OK. Little Carrie liked music very much, and her parents supported that interest. They took the youngest daughter to piano lessons and encouraged her to sing in a church choir.
During her senior year in a high school, she performed in front of Northeastern University (NEU) students. The talented girl was a guest of “Downtown Country” – the local music organization, made mostly of NEU students. The next year she entered the same Uni to study broadcast. During two years she sang and danced at Downtown Country.
During her final year in NEU, she passed auditions to American Idol and defeated 100, 000 candidates to be accepted to the show. In spite of her too busy schedule of American Idol favorite, she found the time to finish her education and get a college degree. On May 25, 2005, she became the winner if the show.
From that moment her life changed, and the good girl from Oklahoma turned into an internationally popular music star.
In spite of her career success, Carrie remains a typical American woman, for whom her family is the main priority.
Interesting and fun facts
- Brad Henry, who was a governor of Oklahoma in 2005, declared the 25th of May as Carrie Underwood Day in that state.
- Carrie is known worldwide not just as a singer, but also as a person, who abides the love of all four-legged friends. Carrie has several dogs at home and donates a significant part of personal income for animal rescue organizations. In addition, she is a vegetarian.
- In her early years, she hated talent shows because couldn’t accept criticism (which is not reasonable quite often). During her time on American Idol show, she gained thicker skin.
- Carrie is an extremely organized person, and she is a bit neurotic when she deals with keeping her house in order.
- Her luxurious wedding to a stellar hockey player Mike Fisher reportedly cost her $500, 000.