Interesting Biography Facts
June 10, 2003
Manhattan Beach, California, United States
Marlborough High School
Eden McCoy family members
James McCoy Sr.
Is Eden McCoy a lesbian/bisexual?
What is Eden McCoy marital status?
Who are Eden McCoy parents?
Natasha McCoy (mother)
Date of birth: October 28, 1970
Eden shares a close bond with her mother, who supported her in her dream to become an actress, took her for auditions, for school lessons, and sports events. By the way, the actress inherited her fragile beautiful face features from Mrs. McCoy.
Eden’s mother’s full name is Natasha Linette McCoy. She is the daughter of the social studies teacher and ballroom dancer Karl Schmitz and his wife Lynda Patterson-Schmitz. She has German roots from the paternal side.
James Michael McCoy Sr. (father)
Date of birth: 1970
James Michael McCoy is Eden’s father. They are closely-knitted, and he has always supported his daughter’s beginnings, although not always he understood them. Thus, many years ago he took his little girl to the set. She participated in Valpak Coupons commercial, and he accompanied his daughter all day long till the end of the shootings. Then he told that he felt so bored, and couldn’t understand, why she was so eager to do that.
Eden looks like a typical American teenager – she is positive, busy and athletic. She spends a lot of time, getting academic education and participating in sports events (since eleven years old she has been a member of the female volleyball team). But there’s a thing, which differs her from the others – she is an actress. The girl landed her first role at the age of 8 in the independent film “Perfect Man”. Since the tender age of 12, she has been playing Josslyn Jacks in the drama series “General Hospital”. Her screen parents are portrayed by the talented actors Ingo Rademacher and Laura Wright.
Ms. McCoy spent the major part of her life in Manhattan Beach, CA, but now she resides with her parents in the more urban part of Los Angeles County. Her parents are not connected with the entertainment industry, so she was discovered by occasion. The matter is, she was too shy as a kid at school and felt rather uncomfortable while speaking in front of a wide audience. Her parents decided to send her to the theater camp to become more confident while performing in public. There her talent was noticed by an agent, and he convinced her parents to sign her to the agency. Thus, since the primary school age, she was visiting numerous auditions with her mom and dad.
Eden made her first TV appearance in the commercial of Wells Fargo banks, then she was cast in episodes of kids TV series, broadcast by Disney and Nickelodeon. She appeared in several independent films too, till she won the role which made her famous.
Now she is so happy to play Josslyn on the popular TV show with a long history. It’s so hard for the teenager to combine her sports competitions with studying at school (she graduated from Marlborough High School in 2019 and now she is planning to continue her education at the University of Southern California) and acting. But she reminds herself that her work of an actress is her responsibility and her privilege (according to her interview to “Soap Opera Digest”). She works hard and tries to be professional, and her efforts have already been paid off with the first Daytime Emmy nomination in 2019. And that’s just the beginning, isn’t it?
Interesting and fun facts
- She is officially single as of now, but the young actress has already been romantically linked to several young men. In 2016 she announced dating with Brian Dennis, the cute teenager, whose personality is not known to the wide circle. They have been together for two years, and Eden shared their pictures on Instagram. Since 2018 they are not an item anymore. Rumors have it, she had been involved in a short romance with William Lipton, her General hospital co-star.
- She doesn’t have any siblings. Sometimes she posts pictures with her onscreen “siblings” from General Hospital set, which makes her fans confused. But the fact is, she is the only daughter of her parents
- Her mom and she are the big fans of the show “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia”. She also watched “Gossip Girl” and “Pretty Little Liars”, while her mom adores “General Hospital”. That’s why Mrs. McCoy was so happy when her daughter landed a role on the project.
- She likes to listen to Frank Sinatra (her father’s favorite performer). Among more modern performers, she adores The Notorious B.I.G. and other old school rappers.
- Her favorite dish to eat is pasta.