Interesting Biography Facts
Guy Ramsay Fiery
Chef, Restaurateur, TV Personality
June 22, 1968
Columbus, Ohio, USA
University of Nevada, BS in Hospitality Management in Las Vegas
Guy Fieri family members
Is Guy Fieri a gay/bisexual?
What is Guy Fieri marital status?
Who is Guy Fieri wife?
How many children does he have?
2 son Hunter Fieri | Ryder Fieri
Guy Fieri wife
Lori Fieri (spouse)
Date of birth: November 30, 1970
Lori Fieri was born in the middle class family in North Providence, R.I. Her father earned his living as a toolmaker and her mother was a cleaning woman. The girl graduated from a high school, but she didn’t want to continue her education. Instead of it Lori decided to ride across the country with her friend. She planned to go from her hometown to San Diego and then get back.
During her trip she came to Long Beach, CA and visited a restaurant, which was managed by Guy Fieri. She was with a friend, but it didn’t stop Guy, who understood at first sight that Lori was the only one for him. They started to talk and later Fiery invited the girl for a date.
They started dating, when Guy was 22 and Lori was 19. Three years later, in 1995, they tied a knot.
In 1997 the married couple bought a house in Santa Rosa, CA. They are happy parents of two sons. Lori helps her husband with his business too (in addition to super successful career on TV, Guy runs 16 restaurants, opened not only in USA, but also in Mexico and South Africa).
Guy Fieri kids
Hunter Fieri (son with Lori Fieri)
Date of birth: August 7, 1996
The son of Food Network celebrity, Hunter doesn’t rest on his father’s laurels. He has already made short appearances in his father’s show “Guy’s Big Bite”. Besides, Hunter assists his father in his restaurants, helps with on-stage presentations and with arranging parties.
Hunter Fieri was educated at Sonoma Academy (a private college in Santa Rosa, CA). After graduation, he entered William F. Harrah College, where he specialized in hotel administration. Hunter studies Hospitality Management in the University of Nevada (Las Vegas) and had already gained some experience as a cook. He worked by his father’s side in one of his restaurants, having started his career as a dishwasher and later achieved the position of a line cook. Currently Hunter combines his studying with running his business. The young man co-owns with his friend a pizza trailer.
Ryder Fieri (son with Lori Fieri)
Date of birth: December 31, 2005
Ryder was born in one of Santa Rosa hospitals. He resides with his mother in their family mansion and attends private secondary school. Ryder spends a lot of time with his mother, but he rarely sees his father Guy Fieri, who is on road several weeks per months. Together with his elder brother Hunter, Ryder worries for his father, who had gained extra weight after becoming popular as a TV chef. Guy Fieri named a dish “Ryder’s Turkey Chili” after his son.
Who are Guy Fieri parents?
Penelope Ferry (mother)
Date of birth: 1944
Guy Fieri’s mother Penelope Anne Price comes from Ohio. Penny was educated at a private high school in Cleveland Heights, named Beaumont School.
The woman got married Jim Ferry in middle 1960s, and they gave a birth to a son Guy Ferry in 1968. By the way, Guy changed his surname to “Fieri” at the age of 25 soon after his marriage to Lori. He wanted to honor his great grandfather- Italian immigrant Giuseppe Fieri.
Penelope spent the most part of her life in Santa Monica, CA. Not long ago she moved to Ferndale, CA.
Jim Ferry (father)
Date of birth: November 19, 1942
Guy Fiery father Jim got married Penelope Price around 1967. They brought up 2 kids – a son Guy and a daughter Morgan. Jim tried his best to support his son’s interest in culinary and business. When Guy turned 10 years old, his father made a three-wheeled cart for him to sell pretzels. Thus, Guy earned for a trip to France. Together with his wife Guy sold horse equipment at Dave’s Saddlery.
Guy Fieri siblings
Morgan Fieri (sister from same parents)
Date of birth: September 27, 1972
Date of death: February 19, 2011
Morgan Fieri, nee Mimi E. Ferry, was born in 1972. At that time her parents and older brother lived in Fortuna, CA. The girl spent most part of her teen years in Ferndale, CA. She studied at Ferndale High School and joined it with practicing various kinds of sports, including horse riding.
She graduated from California Polytechnic State University in 1994 with a degree in hospitality. After that the young woman travelled around USA during several years. In 1999 she gave a birth to a son Jules.
The woman settled in Fairfax and started career of a massage therapist. In addition, Mimi was interested in music art and played drums.
Guy’s sister was a conscious person. She spent several years as a volunteer in Mexico. Besides, she directed her brother’s charity organization “The Guy Fieri Foundation”. She was a vegetarian, and provided his brother for numerous recipes of that kind.
Morgan spent a lot of time with her son. She tried to support his interest in studying and sports. Guy Fieri’s sister was a lesbian. She lived with a female partner Annie Antepara.
In 2010 Morgan was diagnosed with metastic melanoma. She died a year later at the age of 38. Morgan’s death impressed her older brother. Guy was depressed. He made a tattoo with his sister’s name to remember about her every single day.
Interesting and fun facts
- Guy Fieri has Italian roots.
- In addition to his culinary talent, Guy Fieri is a talented entrepreneur. He earned his first cash, being in the fifth form. Then he sold balloons at a local fair. At the age of 10 they boy had already sold pretzels. It made him quite rich in comparison with his peers.
- Guy Fieri had never attended a culinary school or college. After graduating from a high school, he entered the University of Nevada. There the young man studied hotel management.
- Fieri spent a year in France. After graduation from school he decided to travel for a while. Guy bought a ticket to Chantilly, a small commune in northern part of France. There he made a lot of friends and studied French cuisine.
- Before attending college, Guy Fieri worked in a restaurant. That inspired him to become a cook.
- Guy opened his first restaurant in 1996, a year after his marriage. It was “Johnny Garlic”, which he co-owned with a friend Steve Gruber.
- Guy Fieri achieved some success as a restaurant co-owner, when he was signed by Food Network. The popular chef started his first show in 2006. Then he hosted “Guy’s Big Bite”. His other high-ranking TV show is “Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives”. While filming the last mentioned show, Guy visited more than 1, 000 road diners all over USA. He tasted food there and gave his reviews. The places, which Guy recommended to his viewers, soon enjoyed the new wave of clients.
- Guy Fieri is an animal lover. He owns a tortoise and Chihuahua.