Interesting Biography Facts
Joseph Jason Namakaeha Momoa
August 1, 1979
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
Iowa High School; Colorado State University; University of Hawaii
Jason Momoa family members
Is Jason Momoa a gay/bisexual?
What is Jason Momoa marital status?
Who is Jason Momoa wife?
When did get married?
How many children does he have?
2 (daughter Lola Iolani Momoa and son Nakoa-Wolf Manakauapo Namakaeha Momoa)
Jason Momoa relatives
Jason Momoa wife
Lisa Bonet (wife since 2017)
Date of birth: November 16, 1967
Jason Momoa kids
Who are Jason Momoa parents?
Joseph Momoa (father)
Date of birth: 1956
Joseph Momoa comes from Hawaii, and it was he, who gave his son the typical Hawaiian look – towering height, an open smile, and huge green eyes.
Joseph is painter, and his son is really proud of him. Unfortunately, Jason didn’t spend too much time with his father, because his mom and dad parted their ways, and Joseph left in Hawaii, while Coni took their son and came to Iowa to reunite with the rest of her family. Jason maintained friendly relationships with his father and even tried his hand in painting too – the actor arranged a number of art shows in Hawaii and in Australia.
Coni Momoa (mother)
Date of birth: March 28, 1951
Coni Momoa positions herself in social media just as a proud mother of a celebrity Jason Momoa, thus having put aside all her career achievements.
The woman, who currently lives in Norwalk, IA, used to be a photographer. In spite of her successful career, she always spent a lot of time with her son, whom she raised as a single parent. Now the actor tells, that in spite of his “heroic” screen image, he is just “a mama’s boy”, who grew up in love and care.
Coni is single as for now. Like her son, she practices Buddhism.
He is a popular actor, filmmaker and model. The most successful projects in his film list are “Conan the Barbarian”, “Wolves”, “Aquaman” etc.
He entered this world in Nānākuli, HI but was raised in Iowa, where he moved with his mom soon after birth. Jason was a great pupil in a high school and after graduation, he entered Colorado State University. There he studied wildlife.
In his late teens, Jason traveled a lot. He spent some time in Paris and then moved to Tibet to study Buddhism.
In 1998 he came back to Hawaii, where he spent the major part of his time at the beach. There the young man (who was highlighted among the others by his towering height and wide shoulders) met a fashion designer Takeo Kikuchi and accepted his offer to become a model.
Jason won his first role due to his bright look. He appeared in the 10th and 11th season of the series “Baywatch”. Although Mr. Momoa played so great, he doesn’t consider this role the best in his career, because he had no acting experience at that time.
But in 2003 he caught public attention again – and this time the actor looked more confident on the screen. He portrayed Jason in a great TV film “Baywatch: Hawaiian Wedding”. He acted in the company of bright talented entertainers – David Hasselhoff, Pamela Anderson, Michael Bergin, and many others.
This television work revived Jason’s career and brought him many new offers. He accepted just one of them – the recurring role in the series “Stargate: Atlantis”, where he appeared during 5 seasons. But his big break met him in 2011 when he won the part of Khal Drogo in the cult series “Game of Thrones”.
Nowadays Jason Momoa is an actor with a busy schedule. Each year he adds several hit projects to his resume. The latest ones of them are “Braven” and “Aquaman”.
Interesting and fun facts
- His fans remember Momoa’s cool hairdo – his signature dreadlocks – which he wore as Ronon Dex at “Stargate: Atlantis”. After the Season Four of the show, the actor got permission from producers to cut them off. But producers changed their mind later, and during the fifth season of the show, the actor wore a wig, created especially for him. It cost $10, 000 and was the exact copy of the actors dreadlocks, which he cut.
- He is a big lover of extreme sports. The actor practices climbing, mountain biking riding, snowboarding, and skateboarding.
- The actor has a noticeable scar, which runs over his left brow. He got in during the fight in one of LA cafes when one of the visitors smashed a beer bottle over his face. Then Jason spent several weeks in a hospital, where the surgeon had needed 140 stitches.
- He portrayed Arnold Schwarzenegger’s character in the new version of “Conan the Barbarian”, filmed in early 2010s.
- In 2017 he began to practice Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.