Interesting Biography Facts
Jennette Michelle Faye McCurdy
singer, songwriter, actress
June 26, 1992
Long Beach, California, United States
Jennette McCurdy family members
Marcus McCurdy (older brother), Scott McCurdy (older brother), Dustin McCurdy (older brother)
Is Jennette McCurdy a lesbian/bisexual?
What is Jennette McCurdy marital status?
Who are Jennette McCurdy parents?
Mark McCurdy (father)
Date of birth: December 26, 1957
It seems that Jennette is not so close with her father. She constantly posts pics of her brothers and grandparents in social media, but never shows her dad. Otherwise, he is not a big fan of publicity and doesn’t want to go out of the shadow. In any case, Marcus E. McCurdy is the full name of the actress’s parent. Currently, he resides in New Jersey. The man is a proud father of 4 kids.
Debra McCurdy (mother)
Date of birth: July 17, 1957
Date of death: September 20, 2013
When Debra Lee McCurdy’s youngest child was just 2 years old, she was examined by a doctor and received bad news from him – she had cancer. From that moment and till her death in 2013 the woman’s life turned into a constant battle for her life and health. No need to say, that such a situation was really stressful for Jennette and her brothers. Gradually the actress learned, how to live with it, and she shared her experience in the piece of writing, which was posted in “Wall Street” magazine.
Aside her mother’s illness, other McCurdy memories on her childhood were positive and warm. She grew up in a big house in Garden Grove, CA, where three generations of her family (including her brothers, parents, and grandparents) lived. She told that understanding her mother’s difficulties was a great spiritual experience for her.
Jennette McCurdy siblings
Marcus McCurdy (older brother)
Date of birth: August 20, 1983
Jennette’s brother currently lives in Philadelphia. He is the first child in the family of Mark and Debbie. His full name is Marcus Roland McCurdy. He studied computer engineering at Long Beach Department of California State University and then earned Master Degree in Computer Science at Drexel University.
Currently, Mark serves at Obsidian Security, Inc as a machine learning engineer. He is married to an athlete Ellie McCurdy and brings up a daughter Claire with her.
Dustin McCurdy (older brother)
He is in his 30s. He lives in Torrance, CA. Dustin R. McCurdy lives out of the limelight and keeps his privacy.
Scott McCurdy (older brother)
Date of birth: September 18, 1989
He is the youngest son in McCurdy family. Currently, he resides in La Mirada, CA. Scott has the close amicable relationship with his popular sister. She posts pics with him on Instagram from time to time.
Everyone knows and almost everyone loves the holder of Kids’ Choice Award, Jennette McCurdy. She was literally catapulted to stardom as a performer of numerous Nickelodeon teen shows.
She saw the beautiful world for the first time in Long Beach, CA. Jennette is the only and beloved girl in the family of Mark and Debbie McCurdy. She decided to become an actress after keeping her eye on a talented play of then-young Harrison Ford at “Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope” because she was absolutely charmed by him. The girl convinced her parents to help her start a career of an actress.
Ms. McCurdy graced on the screen for the first time in 2000. Then 8-year-old was cast to the project “MAD TV”. Her talent was obvious, and soon she moved forward and performed the action comedy “Hollywood Homicide”, where she met at the set her role model – Harrison Ford.
Probably, her most popular work is portrayal of Sam Puckett in teen project “iCarly”. In fact, Jennette and her colleagues godlike Miranda Cosgrove and easy-going Nathan Kress created a great story about three friends, who launched an interesting Internet show, which unexpectedly became popular. Later Jennette McCurdy told in her interview, that “everyone, including fans, was the part of the series” and thanked her viewers for being with her during all 6 seasons of the show.
Nowadays the actress appears in new movies, short films, and TV shows. One of her recent achievements is the main role in the film “Little Bitches”.
Interesting and fun facts
- She gave a chance to music career several years ago, too. She performed in genres country and pop. In 2012 she leaked her first eponymously named album, previously supported by the track “Generation Love”, which occupied the 44th position in the Hot Country Songs chart.
- Not each McCurdy’s fan knows that she is also a talented author. The young woman wrote a string of stories for “The Wall Street Journal” on many-sided subjects, including Smoke and Mirrors, the technique of creating illusions. She authors columns in some other issues, as well.
- Several years ago she was involved in a conflict with Ariana Grande. Two young stars were cast in Nickelodeon project “Sam & Cat”. Jennette was not satisfied with her salary, because it was much lower than Ariana’s. In addition, she posted her sultry photo, which was considered inappropriate by the producers of the kids’ show. As a result, “Sam & Cat” was closed.
- Currently, Jennette has no boyfriend. Her first sweetheart was with iCarly set worker Paul. Her most notable affair was with a stellar athlete and incredibly tall young man Andre Drummond.
- Jennette directed and wrote the script to the short film “Kenny” in 2018. She shared that now she considers the possibility to leave acting for directing and writing.