Interesting Biography Facts
Lisa Michelle Boney
November 16, 1967
San Francisco, California, United States
Reseda High School
Lisa Bonet family members
several younger half-siblings
Is Lisa Bonet a lesbian/bisexual?
What is Lisa Bonet marital status?
Who is Lisa Bonet husband?
When did get married?
How many children does she have?
3 (daughters Zoë Kravitz and Lola Iolani Momoa; son Nakoa-Wolf Manakauapo Namakaeha Momoa)
Lisa Bonet relatives
Lisa Bonet husband
Lenny Kravitz (ex-husband; were married in 1987-1993)
Date of birth: May 26, 1964
Jason Momoa (husband since 2017)
Date of birth: August 1, 1979
Lisa Bonet kids
Zoë Kravitz (daughter with Lenny Kravitz)
Date of birth: December 1, 1988
Lola Iolani Momoa (daughter with Jason Momoa)
Date of birth: July 23, 2007
Nakoa-Wolf Manakauapo Namakaeha Momoa (son with Jason Momoa)
Date of birth: December 15, 2008
Who are Lisa Bonet parents?
Allen Boney (father)
Date of birth: February 13, 1945
Date of death: January 23, 2008
Lisa wasn’t close with her father, because he disappeared from the family picture when she was still a small kid. But no doubt, she inherited some of her best features from her dad. They say, her unique beauty comes from her father’s side.
In addition, Allen was a renowned opera singer, and his daughter took his talent to performing arts from him.
After separation with Lisa’s mother, he re-married and gave birth to 7 kids, Bonnet’s younger half-siblings. He passed away in 2008.
Arlene Boney-Litman (mother)
Date of birth: February 11, 1940
Date of death: March 3, 1998
Arlene Joyce Boney-Litman was Jewish. She fell in love with a singer Allen Boney and agreed to marry him. Unfortunately, her parents, Eli and Sylvia Litman, as well as her brother Barry Litman, were against that marriage. As later Lisa Bonnet confessed in her interview, her mother’s family wasn’t always kind to her, because she was biracial, and didn’t look like a typical Jewish girl.
Arlene’s family life didn’t last too long, and she divorced from her husband Allen when her daughter Lisa was in a kinder garden age. She settled in the San Fernando Valley and earned her living as a music teacher. She raised a daughter on her own.
Of course, Lisa’s success as an actress was possible only due to her mother’s support. Arlene taught her daughter to love and understand music. She didn’t get married again and had no other kids, so Lisa was the most important person in her life.
Arlene was in good terms with Lisa, and the latter one suffered a lot when her mother passed away in 1998.
Lisa Bonet siblings
She has 7 younger half-siblings from her father’s side.
Lisa Michelle Boney is a famous actress, who is mostly known as Denise from “The Cosby Show”, the immortal hit of the 1980s, and from its spinoff “A Different World”. Lisa is a bright and very natural actress, whose talent is proved by numerous awards, including the Emmy Award.
She spent her early years in San Francisco, California. Her parents were legally married, but they separated soon after Lisa’s birth. After that, her mother, a music teacher, took the girl to the San Fernando Valley (not far from LA) and raised her daughter as a single parent.
Lisa differed from her peers by her bright unique beauty, by her ability to change and her persistence. She fell in love with acting and after graduation from school started to take acting classes.
She won her first significant role at the age of 16. She depicted a high school student Denise from the rich African-American family in two successful shows, which took the sitcom genre to the new level. She participated in “The Cosby Show” and “A Different World” show till 1991 and then left it (some sources insist, she was fired). After that Lisa’s film list looked not so bright – she participated in a number of big screen movies, like “High Fidelity”, “Biker Boyz”, and “Road to Paloma”, but none of them became a box office hit.
Now Lisa is 51, and she has lots of career plans and projects. She wants to try her hand in directing movies and even has an idea to create the new TV show. But first of all, she is a family person, the wife of a famous actor Jason Momoa and mother of three cute kids.
Interesting and fun facts
- In 1995 she officially changed her name for Lilakoi Moon. The actress, who is still professionally known as Lisa Bonnet, has another legal name. As she later explained, she did it to separate personal life and career.
- Her husband Jason Momoa is 12 years younger than her. They met at one of LA jazz clubs, and Jason immediately recognized her, because she was his celebrity crush – the man fell in love with her, when he watched her on the screen as Denise, the heroine from The Cosby Show.
- Lisa keeps a very natural lifestyle; she eats organic food and teaches her two younger kids to be close to nature. Her daughter and son don’t have smartphones and walk outside most part of their day.
- Her fans believed that Jason and she tied a knot in 2007, but it turned out that during many years they were not married officially. The couple finally went down the aisles in November 2017.
- In 1998 she posed naked for Rolling Stone cover. Many years later her daughter Zoe Kravitz re-created her mother’s famous cover. She posed nude for the same issue in the same posture, and she looked so classy, just as her mother.