Interesting Biography Facts
Quavious Keyate Marshall
rapper, band member
April 2, 1991
Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States
Berkmar High School
Quavo (Migos) family members
2 older sisters
Is Quavo (Migos) a gay/bisexual?
What is Quavo (Migos) marital status?
Who is Quavo (Migos) wife?
rapper Saweetie (girlfriend)
Who are Quavo (Migos) parents?
As the rapper told in his interview to Rolling Stone magazine, Quavo’s father died when he was 5 or 6 years old (he doesn’t remember it exactly).
Edna Marshall (mother)
She is an important figure in his life, his inspiration and role model. The woman raised three kids and several grandchildren by herself. She earned her living as a hairdresser. Takeoff – another member of “Migos” – is her grandson.
Quavo maintains a warm relationship with his mother. He showers her with expensive gifts, like a new mansion for Christmas, a new classy car for a birthday and a golden chain with the words “Mama Huncho”. She is named in the press as “Mama Quavo”, too.
In fact, Quavo shared the price of £1 million, which he spent on a new mansion for Edna, with his nephew Takeoff. They recorded Mrs. Marshall’s reaction when she saw the mansion. She couldn’t control her emotions and screamed.
At the same time, not all rapper’s fans can understand his too close relationships with his momma. They say Edna treats her son, like her man, because most part of her life she was single. And that’s not right, as they say.
Quavo (Migos) siblings
He has two older sisters.
Quavo rose to fame as the member of a band “Migos”, which produces hip-hop and trap music. All the band members are relatives. One of them – Offset – is his cousin and the other one – Takeoff – is his nephew. Journalists name Quavo as the leading member of the band, who communicates with the press, who is more recognizable than the others and who is the oldest one.
As for now, the rapper is busy with solo projects. He has already released the debut studio album “Quavo Huncho”, which occupied the second position in Billboard Hot 100 on the second week after its release.
His real name is Quavious Keyate Marshall. The musician spent his young years in Gwinnett County, GA. While growing up, he spent a lot of time in the company of Offset (Kiari) and Takeoff (Kirshnik), because three of them were raised by the hip-hop artist’s mother, while the parents of his relatives were at work.
He attended Berkmar High School and was an active member of the school football team. But the man didn’t play during the eighth-class year, because his mother was ill.
Gradually, Quavo developed a high interest in music. In 2008 he formed the band “Migos” together with his two relatives. The band was catapulted to stardom in 2013 after the presentation of their single “Versace”.
At the present moment, his band is considered as one of the brightest at the modern rap arena. Quavo is known by collaborations with many famous artists, like Iggy Azalea, Camila Cabello, Cardi B, Madonna etc.
Interesting and fun facts
- Beyonce’s song “Apes—t” is penned by him.
- Being a rich person now, he does a lot for his hometown. For example, the rapper arranged the charity football match in the school he was taught and invited celebrity players to participate in the match. He also donated $25, 000 for development of sports program in his school.
- His concert at Georgia Southern University, held in spring, 2015 was stopped by the police. All three members of “Migos”, including Quavo, were arrested. He was charged with drug possession and had to spend 12 months in jail, but he got freedom much earlier after paying a penalty.
- The rapper tells that top-three moments in his life were connected with the activity of the band “Migos”. The first one was receiving BET Award in 2018 for the successful activity of their band. Then it was the release of Migos single “Bad and Boujee”, which occupied the leading position in the chart. And finally, it was the release – and incredible success – of the band’s first album “Culture”.
- He is rumored to date the raptress Saweetie as for now. Previously he dated the model Karrueche Tran and the rapper Iggy Azalea.
- He tells that in 5 or 10 years he plans to stay rather behind the curtains than on the scene. His role model is Dr. Dre, who helps young artists to reach their height.
- His clothing style and love to chains and glittering items of wardrobe made him a kind of a fashion icon. Although his style is very unusual and not for everyday use, still his manner to dress is very interesting for Migos lovers.