Interesting Biography Facts
Quavious Keyate Marshall
rapper, band member
April 2, 1991
Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States
Berkmar High School
Quavo (Migos) family members
Titania Davenport-Treet (older sister), Shara Reed (older sister) and an older paternal half-brother
Is Quavo (Migos) a gay/bisexual?
What is Quavo (Migos) marital status?
Who are Quavo (Migos) parents?
Mr. Marshall (father)
As the rapper told in his interview with Rolling Stone magazine, Quavo’s father died when he was 5 or 6 years old (he doesn’t remember it exactly).
Edna Mattox (mother)
Date of birth: August 6, 1955
She is an important figure in his life, his inspiration, and his role model. The woman raised three kids and several grandchildren by herself. She earned her living as a beautician. Takeoff – another member of “Migos” – is her grandson.
Quavo maintains a warm relationship with his mother. He showers her with expensive gifts, like a new mansion for Christmas, a new classy car for a birthday, and a golden chain with the words “Mama Huncho”. She is named in the press as “Mama Quavo”, too.
In fact, Quavo shared the price of £1 million, which he spent on a new mansion for Edna, with his nephew Takeoff. They recorded Mrs. Marshall’s reaction when she saw the mansion. She couldn’t control her emotions and scream.
At the same time, not all rapper’s fans can understand his too-close relationship with his momma. They say Edna treats her son, like her man, because most part of her life she was single. And that’s not right, as they say.
Edna is the daughter of the late Jennie and George Mattox. She grew up with 3 sisters and a brother. Edna had 2 daughters and a son Quavo with Mr. Marshall. Her husband died and since then she was officially single. When Quavo was a high school pupil, she moved her family from Athens, GA to Lawrenceville, GA. The family lived in a small subsidized house. They say Quavo always was Edna’s favorite. Her daughters used to tell, that their mother forgave her beloved son for almost everything.
Till now Edna and Quavo are very close. She dreams to see him married and with kids. Very often she gives pieces of advice to his girlfriends on how to build strong relationships with him. But they never follow her recommendations.
Quavo (Migos) siblings
Older Half-Brother from Paternal Side
Quavo has an older brother from the paternal side, whom he had never met in person. His mother told the future rap star about his older sibling. Later Quavo tried to find him. He believed that the man, named Willie Bands, whom he found on social media, was his lost brother. Till now Willie supervises Quavo on tours.
Titania Davenport-Treet (older sister)
She is Quavo’s older sister and late Takeoff’s mother. Read about her in “Takeoff (Migos)”.
Shara Reed (older sister)
Date of birth: circa 1985
Quavo’s second oldest sister is named Kashara Cherylle Marshall. She was born in Athens, Georgia. The girl studied at Cedar Shoals High School. She fell in love with her best friend Jay Reed, 5 years older, and then got married to him. They have 3 daughters: Jayda, Jayme, and Jayce.
Shara is very close with her brother Quavo. She also maintained warm relationships with her famous nephew Kirshnik, widely known as the rapper Takeoff, who was tragically killed in November 2022.
She positions herself as an author of digital content. Tara maintains her Instagram account with 61k subscribers. She also has a YouTube channel “Reed Family 5”, where she tells about her family life.
Quavo rose to fame as the member of a band “Migos”, which produces hip-hop and trap music. All the band members are relatives. One of them – Offset – is his cousin and the other one – Takeoff – is his nephew. Journalists name Quavo as the leading member of the band, who communicates with the press, who is more recognizable than the others and who is the oldest one.
As for now, the rapper is busy with solo projects. He has already released the debut studio album “Quavo Huncho”, which occupied the second position in Billboard Hot 100 on the second week after its release.
His real name is Quavious Keyate Marshall. The musician spent his young years in Gwinnett County, GA. While growing up, he spent a lot of time in the company of Offset (Kiari) and Takeoff (Kirshnik), because three of them were raised by the hip-hop artist’s mother, while the parents of his relatives were at work.
He attended Berkmar High School and was an active member of the school football team. But the man didn’t play during the eighth-class year, because his mother was ill.
Gradually, Quavo developed a high interest in music. In 2008 he formed the band “Migos” together with his two relatives. The band was catapulted to stardom in 2013 after the presentation of their single “Versace”.
At the present moment, his band is considered as one of the brightest at the modern rap arena. Quavo is known by collaborations with many famous artists, like Iggy Azalea, Camila Cabello, Cardi B, Madonna etc.
Interesting and fun facts
- Beyonce’s song “Apes—t” is penned by him.
- Being a rich person now, he does a lot for his hometown. For example, the rapper arranged the charity football match in the school he was taught and invited celebrity players to participate in the match. He also donated $25, 000 for development of sports program in his school.
- His concert at Georgia Southern University, held in spring, 2015 was stopped by the police. All three members of “Migos”, including Quavo, were arrested. He was charged with drug possession and had to spend 12 months in jail, but he got freedom much earlier after paying a penalty.
- The rapper tells that top-three moments in his life were connected with the activity of the band “Migos”. The first one was receiving BET Award in 2018 for the successful activity of their band. Then it was the release of Migos single “Bad and Boujee”, which occupied the leading position in the chart. And finally, it was the release – and incredible success – of the band’s first album “Culture”.
- He is rumored to date the raptress Saweetie as for now. Previously he dated the model Karrueche Tran and the rapper Iggy Azalea.
- He tells that in 5 or 10 years he plans to stay rather behind the curtains than on the scene. His role model is Dr. Dre, who helps young artists to reach their height.
- His clothing style and love to chains and glittering items of wardrobe made him a kind of a fashion icon. Although his style is very unusual and not for everyday use, still his manner to dress is very interesting for Migos lovers.