Interesting Biography Facts
Matthew Ryan Phillippe
actor, film director
September 10, 1974
New Castle, Delaware, United States
New Castle Baptist Academy; Barbizon Modeling and Talent Agency
Ryan Phillippe family members
Kirsten Phillippe (sister), Lindsay Phillippe (sister), Katelyn Phillippe (sister)
Is Ryan Phillippe a gay/bisexual?
What is Ryan Phillippe marital status?
Who is Ryan Phillippe wife?
Reese Witherspoon (ex-wife)
How many children does he have?
3 (daughter Ava Elizabeth Phillippe, son Deacon Reese Phillippe and daughter Kailani Merizalde Phillippe-Knapp)
Ryan Phillippe relatives
“The best birthday gift”, as Reese called him, when he came to her 21st birthday party, Ryan Phillippe has a reputation for being a heartthrob.
He is not just Witherspoon’s ex-husband and father of her daughter and son; he is also a famous actor and film producer, known by the movies “Playing by Heart”, “Crash”, “Straight A’s” and others.
Ryan was born in the family of Richard Phillippe, who was a chemical technician, and his wife Susan, day care centre owner. He grew up alongside three sisters.
In his teens he was very athletic and practiced football and Tae Kwon Do (he has a black belt in it). Ryan started acting occasionally after his handsome looks caught an eye of a talent scout. He played a part in an episode of the series “One Life to Live”. After that Phillippe decided to become an actor, but that was not so easy for him. He visited numerous auditions, and was rejected very often. His first roles were in low budget films, and brought him neither fame nor enough money to make the ends meet.
Everything had changed in 1997, when he starred in “I Know What You Did Last Summer” with Jennifer Love Hewitt and Sarah Michelle Gellar. That very year he met Reese and started dating her. They got married in 1999 and spent long 7 years together. In 2008 the couple officially separated.
Interesting and fun facts
- Ryan Phillippe and Reese Witherspoon have never publicized the reason for their split. Rumor has it, the actor envied his wife’s success. He got used to drugs and cheated his beautiful wife with an Australian entertainer Abbie Cornish.
- Mr. Phillippe is a devoured fan of the legendary singer Frank Sinatra. To honor his favorite celebrity, Ryan named his dog “Frank”.
- In his free time, Ryan likes various kinds of sports activities. His other hobbies are writing and photography.
- In one of his interviews, the actor confessed that he suffers from depression. He tries to get rid of it with the help of meditation.
- In 2017 Ryan was accused of domestic violence. His ex-girlfriend Elsie Hewitt, a model, and Instagram star, started a lawsuit against him. She demanded from the actor $1 million compensation for all the injuries Phillippe inflicted on her while drunk. The actor denied all the accusations. He wrote on Instagram, “That’s not who I am”. The result of the process was not announced.
- If you have already forgotten the handsome face of the Cruel Intentions star, in 2022 you can watch “Summit Fever”. In the thriller, directed by Julian Gilbey, Ryan portrays Leo, the handsome climber. He leaded a group of extreme climbers forward. They decided to challenge the peak, which took a large number of human lives.