Interesting Biography Facts
Sara Rebecca Abeles
January 29, 1975
Santa Monica, California, United States
The Buckley School; Yale University
Sara Gilbert family members
Melissa Gilbert (older sister; adopted by her mother), Jonathan Gilbert (older brother; adopted by her mother), Patrice Abeles-Graves (half-sister), Joseph Abeles (half-brother)
Is Sara Gilbert a lesbian/bisexual?
What is Sara Gilbert marital status?
Who is Sara Gilbert spouse?
Linda Perry (current wife); Allison Adler (ex-wife)
When did get married?
March 30, 2014
How many children does she have?
3 (son Levi Hank Gilbert-Adler, daughter Sawyer Gilbert-Adler and a son Rhodes Emilio Gilbert Perry)
Sara Gilbert relatives
Sara Gilbert spouse
Date of birth: April 15, 1965
Date of birth: May 30, 1967
Sara Gilbert kids
Date of birth: October, 2004
Date of birth: August, 2007
Date of birth: February 28, 2015
Who are Sara Gilbert parents?
Harold Abeles (father)
Date of birth: 1927
Date of death: 2001
Barbara Crane-Cowan (mother)
Sara Gilbert siblings
Date of birth: May 8, 1964
Date of birth: April 28, 1967
Joseph Abeles (half-brother from paternal side)
Sara Gilbert, nee Abeles, is celebrated as the star of the most popular modern sitcom “The Big Bang Theory”, where she portrayed Leslie Winkle, an incredibly witty experimental physicist. Her talented play in the cult series enlarged her fan base, although that was not the first successful project in the actress’s filmography. Previously, she acted in the series “Roseanne” as Darlene Conner, the second child of the main heroes.
As for the big screen projects, Gilbert modeled a great female character for the movie “Desert Blue” and made cameo appearance in a romantic comedy “Laws of Attraction”. While filming it, she had an opportunity to collaborate with cult modern actors Pierce Brosnan and Julianne Moore.
Interesting and fun facts
- The famous actor Paul Gilbert was the first husband of Sara’s mother. She has no blood relation to him, but she lent his famous surname as a stage moniker, when she started her career on television.
- Her older half-sister Melissa Gilbert served as her inspiration. When Sara turned 6, she visited Hollywood Walk of Fame with her mother and saw Melissa’s star. After that the girl decided to become an actress. She began from acting in commercials.
- Sara Gilbert rose to fame in her teens, when she was cast in the sitcom “Roseanne”. By the way, Sara used to say in her interviews, that in spite of her occasional appearances in big screen movies, her main aim was to become a television actress, like her older half-sister.
- The actress has been vegetarian since she was 13 and now she made it even stricter and became a vegan. The actress tells if she were US President, she would make a law, which forbids eating meat products.
- Although Sara is an open lesbian and she is married to a woman, in her young years she dated men, too. Thus, in early 1990s she dated Johnny Galecki (Leonard from “The Big Bang Theory”).
- She is the co-founder and co-host of the TV show “The Talk”.
- Sara was nominated for Emmy awards twice.
- She authored a book “The Imperfect Environmentalist”.
- Gilbert is a childhood friend of Leonardo DiCaprio.
- The actress came out as a lesbian in 2010. She hesitated, whether to do it or not, but finally decided to be honest with her fans. And she doesn’t regret about this experience now.
- Sara announced her intention to leave “The Talk” in April 2019. The reason was her wish to spend more time with her wife and kids.