Interesting Biography Facts
Seth Benjamin Gesshel-Green
actor, producer, comedian
February 8, 1974
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Seth Green family members
Kaela Green Carter (older sister)
Is Seth Green a gay/bisexual?
What is Seth Green marital status?
Who is Seth Green wife?
When did get married?
May 1, 2010
Seth Green wife
Clare Grant (wife)
Date of birth: August 23, 1979
Seth fell in love with Clare Camille Johnson immediately after he saw her. No wonder, because the woman looks really great – that’s why she could start her career as a model.
Clare spent her childhood on the picturesque shore of the Mississippi River in Memphis, Tennessee. Her parents, Clarence and Glenna Johnson, brought up 8 kids. As the oldest of them, Clare knew that she had to help her parents maintain such a big family. She started to work, while still she was a pupil at Clear Lake High School. In her late teens Clare has already gained some popularity as a model. She participated in campaigns of reputable brands, including L’Oreal.
Her acting career started in early 2000s. She landed a role on the episode of the series “CSI: Miami”. Then she worked on the series “Masters of Horror” and voiced several characters for the animation series “Robot Chicken”.
The year of 2006 became one of the most successful in her career. She starred on the cover of a super popular male magazine “Playboy” and appeared on the projects “The Smallest Oceans”, “Black Snake Moan” and “Castle”.
In 2007 she met Seth Green in the comic book store. They started dating, and then moved together. After three years of love and happiness Seth dared to propose. The couple wedded on May 1, 2010.
Noawadays, Clare continues to develop her career. She tries to work in various circumstances, appearing on drama and comedian projects. Seth confessed in one of his interviews, that he likes the fact that his wife is making her career. “She is recognized as a talented actress Clare Grant, not just as the wife of the comedian Seth Green”, he says proudly.
Who are Seth Green parents?
Barbara Gesshel (mother),
Date of birth: November, 1942
Seth confessed on his Instagram post, that he was a difficult child to rise. But his mother never regretted neither time nor money to help her talented son realize his dream. And now he is thankful to her for everything, including his success in movie industry.
Barbara is an artist. During a long period she worked in Norway, and learnt the language of that country rather well. She had a son and a daughter from her husband Herb before their separation many years ago. Currently, she is single. Barbara owns an art studio in Philadelphia, PA.
Herbert Green (father)
Date of birth: 1945
His parents’ divorce has become as the saddest moment of Seth’s childhood. But he remained close with his father, Herbert Green. Although he doesn’t share too many pictures of his parent on social media, Seth usually devotes posts to him and names him “cool” and “great”.
Herbert earned his living as a teacher of math. After his divorce to Barbara Gesshel, he married another woman – Barbara Lipman, the school psychologist, and became a great stepfather to her daughters. They live happily together in Wynnewood, PA.
Seth Green siblings
Kaela Green Carter (older sister)
Date of birth: February 12, 1972
Seth has just one sibling – an older sister, named Kaela. She is married to a man, named Pierre Carter. They have kids together. Kaela and her brother Seth stay connected. They have warm brother-sister relationships.
The famous actor, producer and comedian, Seth Green acted on many hit movies and TV shows, including “The Italian Job”, “How I Met Your Mother”, “Can’t Buy Me Love” etc.
He was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in the family of Barbara and Herbert Green. Seth Benjamin Gesshel-Green grew up with a sister. He was just 7 years old, when his parents took him to acting class. From that day the boy was sure, he would become an actor.
Many young people come to Hollywood with a dream to become the next big star in the industry. No need to say, that not much of them realize that dream. In case of Seth Green, his stardom started from the movie “Radio Days”, directed by legendary Woody Allen. Although the film didn’t become a hit and was highly criticized on the media, surely, it was useful for Seth’s career. He portrayed Joe, the Jewish boy, and his work was great – everybody noticed it. Seth was just 12 years old, when he got acquainted with Woody – the genius he was obsessed with. At that young age Seth noticed, that Mr. Allen never changed his team – he always had the same designers, producers etc. He does the same nowadays.
Since then Seth’s resume becomes bigger and gibber from year to year. He depicted Scott Evil in three films about the spy Austin Powers. Then he appeared on many popular TV series of 1990s – “Beverly Hills, 90210”, “Buffy the Vampire Slayer”, “Will & Grace” and others. He did the voice work for super-popular animation series “Family Guy” and produced the series “Robot Chicken”. By the way, “Robot Chicken” was incredibly successful, and Seth created this project almost by occasion. He tells, that he wanted to prepare a short film about himself, but somehow it turned into a long-term animation series “Robot Chicken”.
Seth Green is still the actor with a busy schedule. But he is also a great family man, who loves his wife and dreams to have kids.
Interesting and fun facts
- Many fans of “Beverly Hills, 90210” don’t even remember Seth Green’s hero on the show. He appeared on the episode of season three and played the nerd, who had a blind date with Kelly and Brenda. Seth Green crossed his ways with Jennie Garth and Shannen Doherty at the film set, but in real life he had a crush on Tori Spelling.
- In his interview in 1998 Seth was discussing his work on “Buffy the Vampire Slayer”. He said that he gained a large fan base due to this show, and that makes him feel less of a loser. By the way, the show aws watched mostly by teens, and very often 12-13 yaer old teenagers approached Seth in the street and asked, if he was single.
- He told in his interview to Larry King, that he didn’t remember much about Woody Allen, when he worked on his film at the age of 12, but he understood, that Woody was a VIP, although the film director was very simple and cool. That’s why Seth tried to play as good as he could. Once he even played chess with Allen.
- He is happy, that he didn’t become extremely famous as a child star, because young fame can ruin a personality. He became a star in his 20s, and he really likes to be popular. “That gives me opportunitiers”, he says.
- His height is 5 ft 4 in, which is not much for a man. But Seth says, he previously dated both, tall and short women and his height never affected his love life. “I just felt confident and treated women like they deserve to be treated”, he said.