Interesting Biography Facts
TV actor, movie actor
April 21, 1995
The MGA Academy of Performing Arts
Thomas Doherty family members
Rachel Doherty (younger sister), Niall Doherty (older brother)
Is Thomas Doherty a gay/bisexual?
What is Thomas Doherty marital status?
Thomas Doherty wife
Dove Cameron (ex-girlfriend; dated in 2016-2020)
Date of birth: January 15, 1996
In 2016 a photo of smiling Disney stars Dove Cameron and Thomas Doherty appeared in social media, and after that, the rumors about the love affair between young actors were spread all over the world. At first, they tried to keep their relationships in secret, but after a number of pics, made by paparazzi, which caught Dove and Thomas walking along the streets, smiling at each other and holding hands, they decided to share great news with their fans – they are really an item.
Since then Dove is a part of Thomas’s life, and he is proud of his “little girl”, who is just 5 ft 2 in of height. At least, he never gets tired to write about it on his Instagram page.
Who are Thomas Doherty parents?
Anthony and Mary-Lou Doherty (father and mother)
Thomas Doherty’s parents try to stay out of the limelight. In spite of the fact, that their son is a rising Hollywood star, they don’t appear in public with him and he didn’t share even a single photo with his father and mother. But he told in his interview, that Anthony and Mary-Lou were bankers in Edinburgh.
The actor’s mother and father created a great family, and nowadays he has great memories about his childhood. His parents supported his passion for acting and took him to various amateur drama groups since he turned 5. But in his free time, he was a normal kid, who liked to play football and dote his Labrador Poppy – the favorite pet of Doherty family.
Thomas Doherty siblings
Niall Doherty (older brother)
Date of birth: Mar 10, 1994
Niall is Thomas’s older brother. Like his sibling-actor, he studied at the Royal High School. Both brothers were keen on football in their young years, but only Niall decided to become a pro player. He began playing for the Webber Warriors while being a freshman at Webber International University (Florida), where he studied sports management. Nowadays he is a midfielder at Brora Rangers (Scotland).
Rachel Doherty (younger sister)
Date of birth: August 16, 2001
With 72k followers, Rachel has already become an Instagram star. She studies at Edinburgh dance academy. As a part of a dance team, she participated in “Can You Dance?” touring convention and occupied the first place.
Rachel is very close with her brother Thomas and tells that she misses him, while he is touring, pursuing his career. She has amicable relationships with his girlfriend Dove Cameron, too.
Thomas Doherty is a first-rate young entertainer. He has already added a number of great projects into his resume. He is Sean in “The Lodge” and Harry Hook in “Descendants 2”. At the set of the latter one, he met his girlfriend Dove Cameron.
He was born in Edinburgh and studied at the Royal High School. He fell in love with acting at the age of 5, and soon the hobby turned into a profession. Thomas was accepted to a Scottish famous musical company LYAMC. As a part of the team, he was noticed and invited to Disney’s show “Aladdin”, which became actually his debut.
Doherty focused his attention on acting exclusively, after becoming a student of MGA Academy of Performing Arts, where he practiced various kinds of dancing and singing.
Disney series “The Lodge” became the first screen project of the actor. Later he appeared in “Descendants 2” and “High Strung, Free Dance”.
Interesting and fun facts
- He rose to fame after portraying Sean Matthews in Disney family show “The Lodge”. The actor tells that winning that role was a real blessing for him, because he played in numerous musicals during his years at MGA Academy of Performing Arts, and he was happy to put his skills of a singer and dancer to the screen.
- He is usually compared to Zac Efron, a famous Hollywood star, who rose to fame after playing in a musical. Thomas tells such a comparison is complimentary for him.
- He is a big fan of sports. The actor played football a lot in his young years. Now he plays badminton and tennis when he has a gap in his schedule.
- His hero in “The Lodge” is good at mountain biking. The actor himself had never tried this kind of sport before the show. To get ready for the role, he practiced mountain biking for hours, and now is a big enthusiast of this sport.
- He started to act at the age of 5-6 as a member of an amateur theater group. He tells it was just a hobby at first, but gradually he fell in love with it. If he didn’t become an actor, he would be a soccer player.
- In 2017 he was included in the list of “50 hottest boys”, figured out by Vogue magazine.
- In 2021-2023 he played the role of Max Wolfe on Gossip Girl 2021, the sequel to the original super popular TV series of the same name, released in 2007. The show was canceled after 2 seasons. The Gossip Girl reboot was developed by Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage. They worked on the old series, too. Gossip Girl is voiced again by Kristen Bell. Although the series in general got modest reviews, Thomas’s character, the pansexual Max, was ranked as one of the most interesting on the show by the viewers.
- In 2022 Doherty appeared in the thriller “The Invitation”, directed by Jessica Thompson. Thomas’s co-star in this film was gorgeous Nathalie Emmanuel.
- In 2020 Thomas Doherty separated from his long-term girlfriend Cameron Dove. But till now his fans express their disappointment with this fact on Instagram. They said, that they really liked the Cameron-Thomas couple.
- After separation from Dove, Thomas was romantically linked to the model Yasmin Wijnaldum. They both attended the Gossip Girl premiere. Later they both attended The Invitation screening, too. Yasmin is 3 yaers younger than Thomas.