Interesting Biography Facts
Thomas Stanley Holland
TV actor, dancer
June 1, 1996
Kingston-upon-Thames, London, England, United Kingdom
Donhead (preparatory school), Wimbledon College, The BRIT School for Performing Arts and Technology
Tom Holland family members
Sam Holland (younger brother), Harry Holland (younger brother), Patrick Holland (younger brother)
Is Tom Holland a lesbian/bisexual?
What is Tom Holland marital status?
Who is Tom Holland husband?
Zendaya Coleman (rumored girlfriend since July, 2017)
Date of birth: September 1, 1996
Tom Holland relatives
Who are Tom Holland parents?
Dominic Holland (father)
Date of birth: June 8, 1967
Nicola Frost (mother)
Date of birth: September 3, 1967
Tom Holland siblings
Harry Holland (younger brother, Sam’s twin)
Date of birth: February 14, 1999
Sam Holland (younger brother, Harry’s twin)
Date of birth: February 14, 1999
Patrick Holland (younger brother)
Date of birth: December 6, 2004
Tom Holland is just 22 years old, but unlike his peers, who spent the most part of their time, partying and dating, he is much focused on his career.
His first “career” love was dancing, and the gracious teenager learnt that part at one of London schools, where he was occasionally scouted.
At first Holland tried his hand as a theater actor and took part in the great play “Billy Elliot the Musical”, staged in West-End Theater (London).
Several years later Tom won the role, which became a game-changer for his career. He played Lucas Bennett in the disaster film “The Impossible”, based on tragic events, caused by tsunami in 2004. That film brought Tom Holland initial recognition, which he deserved, because he was really hardworking and gifted.
In 2015 the young actor managed to bring his career to the next level, after he was chosen as a teenage version of Spider-Man, the superhero franchise. He signed the deal for 6 movies in a row, and immediately gained star status after it.
In his conversation with a correspondent of “Interview magazine” the young man told, he had learnt about his casting to Marvel Studios movie through an Instagram post. But in any case, that was his big break, and he had to face it.
As for now, Tom says, that he has long-term plans as an actor. Except for Peter Parker, he plays other heroes, too. Soon the fans will see him as Todd Hewitt in a science fiction film “Chaos Walking”. He also lent his soft voice to the hero of animated spy comedy “Spies in Disguise”, where he had a chance to collaborate with Willow Smith father Will Smith.
Interesting and fun facts
- Although Tom Holland doesn’t give any comments on his relationship status, some sources tell, that he has been dating his colleague and “Spider-Man: Homecoming” co-star Zendaya since summer, 2017. By the way, Zendaya and Holland have a lot in common – they share their passion to dancing. Not long ago two stars recorded a 5-minute dance video and uploaded it to their friend’s (Deja Carter’s) Instagram account.
- When Tom was a little boy, his mother played him Janet Jackson songs, and he danced under the music. Thus, his mom understood, he had a talent, and took him to a dancing school.
- It was not an easy thing for Tom Holland to win the right to depict Spider Man in Marvel movies. Actually, the auditioning process lasted during 5 months; he did lots of onscreen tests and was waiting for the answer too long. That was killing him, as he said.
- He loves dogs, and especially his own one – Tess, a pitbull.
- He was bullied at school, as he said, mostly for his intention to do homework regularly and to be “keen”.