Interesting Biography Facts
Taylor Zachary Goldsmith
singer, songwriter, record producer
August 16, 1985
Los Angeles County, California
Malibu High School
Taylor Goldsmith family members
Griffin Goldsmith (younger brother)
Is Taylor Goldsmith a gay/bisexual?
What is Taylor Goldsmith marital status?
Who is Taylor Goldsmith wife?
When did get married?
November 18, 2018
Taylor Goldsmith wife
Date of birth: April 10, 1984
Who are Taylor Goldsmith parents?
Lenny Goldsmith (father)
Date of birth: December, 1951
In fact, Taylor inherited his deep interest to music from his father. While growing up, the boy was surrounded by numerous musical instruments, which his father took home for rehearsals.
Lenny was born in San Jose, California and attended James Lick High School there. After graduation he turned into a professional musician.
The man jokes, that he started his career since he was born. He played various musical instruments, and at the age of 22 started to write his own songs. He performed as a part of various bands, including “Sweathog”, “Tower of Power” etc. In 2012 he started the new group “The New Old” and in addition, recorded his own songs in collaboration with his sons and Blake Mills.
In addition to music, he is also a successful businessman. Lenny makes money as a realtor. He owns a company Lenny Goldsmith Inc, which “makes people happy by finding them a dream home”, as he tells.
Lenny still resides in Malibu. He is happily married to Kathy Payne-Goldsmith.
Kathy Goldsmith (mother)
Kathy is a happy wife and a happy mother of two boys. She is retired as for now, but previously she earned her living as a sales manager. She served as vice president at the company “Fortune 500”, too.
The woman is very proud of her sons, Taylor and Griffin. She tells that she saw them fighting just once in her life. She is happy for her children, who are doing well. And she became even happier, when both of them moved to houses of their own.
Taylor Goldsmith siblings
Griffin Goldsmith (younger brother)
Date of birth: 1990
Griffin Goldsmith is Taylor’s best friend and colleague. He tells that his brother is “the best drummer in the world”.
Griffin spent his early years in Malibu, and he tells, that it’s the best place for growing up on earth. He attended Juan Cabrillo Elementary and then continued his education at Malibu High.
He began to play drums at the age of 15, and now works alongside his older brother in “Dawes”. He is dating an actress Caitlin Gerard.
Taylor Zachary Goldsmith is known to all romantics in the world as a husband of This Is Us star Mandy Moore. But the man has a quite successful career of his own. In addition, he comes from a talented and friendly family.
Mr. Goldsmith is celebrated as a singer, author and guitar player. He is the lead member of a rock group “Dawes”.
He was born in the suburb of Los Angeles in the family of a musician Lenny Goldsmith and his wife Kathy Payne. The boy has a younger brother Griffin.
Taylor studied at Malibu High School. Since his early years he was keen on music. That’s why he decided to become a professional musician immediately after graduation. In 2002 the man founded a band, named “Simon Dawes”. At first it was just “a high school project”. Taylor and his classmate Blake Mills (who is a famous musician now, too) decided to form a new music group in the company of their friends. By the way, Taylor’s younger brother Griffin sat at the drums.
Five years later Mills decided to start a new page in his life and left the band. Thus, “Simon Dawes” separated and turned into “Dawes”.
Officially formed in 2009, the band became popular in USA and all over the world. As for now, it boasts with 5 hit albums, numerous famous singles and collaborations with reputable musicians, like Bob Dylan.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Taylor Goldsmith (@taylordawesgoldsmith) on
Interesting and fun facts
- The legend says that Taylor Goldsmith met his future wife Mandy Moore on Instagram. Their love affair started in summer, 2015. Previously, in May the actress, who is a big fan of “Dawes”, commented the pic of their album with the words, “It will be the soundtrack of my summer”. Taylor saw her comment and wrote to her. Thus, they started communicating through e-mail and finally, went out together.
- He started to play the guitar at the age of 3 and then a year later began taking piano lessons, too.
- Taylor resides with his now wife in a beautiful Pasadena-style house, situated in Los Angeles origin, California. They bought a house in late 2016 and it took almost a year to renovate it. Now the just married couple is ready for the kids (as Mandy told in her interview).
- His band is not the only one project of Mr. Goldsmith. He is a backing musician, too. Taylor participated in recordings of Sara Watkins, Jackson Browne and other famous American singers.
- In 2012 Taylor and other members of his band tried their hands in acting. They appeared in the episode of family drama “Parenthood”, starring Peter Krause and Dax Shepard.