Interesting Biography Facts
Laura Jeanne Reese Witherspoon
actress, film producer
March 22, 1976
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
Harpeth Hall School; Stanford University
Reese Witherspoon family members
John Draper Witherspoon, Sr.
Mary Elizabeth Witherspoon
John Witherspoon Jr. (older brother)
Is Reese Witherspoon a lesbian/bisexual?
What is Reese Witherspoon marital status?
When did get married?
March 26, 2011
How many children does she have?
3 (daughter Ava Elizabeth Phillippe, sons Deacon Reese Phillippe and Tennessee James Toth)
Reese Witherspoon relatives
Reese Witherspoon husband
Ryan Phillippe (ex-husband; married in 1999-2008)
Date of birth: September 10, 1974
Jim Toth (ex-husband; were married in 2011-2023)
Date of birth: July 27, 1970
Reese Witherspoon kids
Ava Phillippe (daughter with Ryan Phillippe)
Date of birth: September 9, 1999
Deacon Reese Phillippe (son with Ryan Phillippe)
Date of birth: October 23, 2003
Tennessee James Toth (son with Jim Toth)
Date of birth: September 27, 2012
Who are Reese Witherspoon parents?
John Witherspoon (father)
Date of birth: April 1, 1942
Betty Witherspoon (mother)
Date of birth: August 18, 1948
Reese Witherspoon siblings
John Dixon Witherspoon (older brother)
Date of birth: October 1, 1972
Her pretty face is known to everyone on the planet. Reese Witherspoon is one more precious present American nation gave to the world.
She was born in New Orleans, but spent 4 teen years in Germany, where her father (a military man) was sent to work. Her parents had nothing in common with show business, but pretty Reese, whom her parents called by her first name “Laura”, once appeared in flower shop ads. She was just 7 then. After that she made up her mind to become a professional actress.
Witherspoon won talent show at the age of 11. Around that time her parents found the first agent for their girl. She appeared in commercials from time to time, but studying had always been important for her. As her classmates tell, she was a brilliant student and a regular at a book shop.
After a high school the girl entered Stanford University, where planned to study English literature. But she dropped it out in order to become a full-time actress.
Reese debuted in the film “The Man in the Moon”, where the young actress was lucky to get one of leading roles. After that she participated in “Jack the Bear”, for which she got her first award, and “S.F.W.”, the drama, directed by Jefery Levy. She gained the celebrity status after brilliant acting in “Fear”.
As for now, the actress boasts with more than 100 roles in modern films of various genres, the most successful of which are “Legally Blonde”, “Penelope”, “Hot Pursuit” and others.
Interesting and fun facts
- She practiced gymnastics in her teens and was a cheerleader at school.
- She tells that the best present for her is a book.
- Reese won the role of Annette Hargrove in “Cruel Intentions” through Ryan Phillippe, whom she had just started dating at that time. At first Roger Kumble, the film director planned to invite Katie Holmes to his project, but then met Ryan’s girlfriend and decided that she was born to be Annette.
- She is a dog lover. The actress owns a bulldog Pepper, a lab Hank, and a bull terrier Lou.
- In 2006 she won an Oscar for her play “Walk the Line”. Eleven years later she was nominated for Academy Award again – this time for her play in “Wild”, but she lost to Julianne Moore.
- In 2019 she was included in the Forbes list “World’s 100 Most Powerful Women”.