Interesting Biography Facts
Blake Tollison Shelton
country singer, actor
June 18, 1976
Ada, Oklahoma, United States
Blake Shelton family members
Richie Shelton (older brother, died in 1990), sister Endy Shelton
Is Blake Shelton a gay/bisexual?
What is Blake Shelton marital status?
Who is Blake Shelton wife?
Gwen Stefani (girlfriend since 2015), ex-wives: Kaynette Williams (married in 2003-2006), Miranda Lambert (married in 2011-2015)
Blake Shelton relatives453534
Blake entered this world in Ada, OK and in his teens had already authored his first songs. He took guitar lessons from his uncle. After graduation from a high school the young man moved to Nashville to pursue career of a full time country singer.
Blake rose to fame as a performer of a great country hit “Austin”. As for now, he has already released 11 studio albums, the most famous of which are “The Dreamer”, “Red River Blue”, “Based on a True Story” and others.
In 2011 he added some kudos to his name through becoming a judge of the show “Voice”, whose contestants became winners 6 times. At the set of the show he met Gwen Stefani. They started dating in late 2015.
Shelton has no blood-related kids, but he was married twice – to the long-term girlfriend Kaynette Gern and to the popular singer Miranda Lambert respectively.
Interesting and fun facts
- He is not just a singer, he is also an actor. Blake featured in the western “The Ridiculous 6” with Adam Sandler, in the sitcom “Malibu Country” and other projects.
- He won a prestigious Denbo Diamond Award as the best entertainer of Oklahoma at the age of 16.
- His mother ran a beauty salon, and his father was a car dealer. He lost his older brother Richie in a car crash, when the latter one was 24 and Blake was 14.
- In 2017 he won People’s Choice Award in Best Album category. He defeated the great singers of various genres, including eccentric Rihanna, romantic Ariana Grande and others.
- In early 2000s he had an unusual pet – a turkey, which died in 2003 after a heart attack.