Interesting Biography Facts
Sierra Phuong-Thao Deaton
February 11, 1991
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Lake Howell High School; The University of Central Florida
Sierra Deaton family members
Dr. John Deaton
Lara Deaton (older sister)
Is Sierra Deaton a lesbian/bisexual?
What is Sierra Deaton marital status?
Who are Sierra Deaton parents?
Dr. John Deaton (father)
Date of birth: June 12, 1949
On the X Factor, Sierra confessed, that her father was Naval Aviation Pilot. He had retired from his service, and now the man defines himself as a psychology professor on social media. He was nicknamed during his time in the Navy as “The Flying Shrink”.
John is Sierra loving dad, and obviously, he is proud of his girl, because he made the picture with her as an avatar in his Twitter account.
He was a College of Aeronautics professor in 2013 when his daughter Sierra and her boyfriend performed on the talent show. He watched the duo in the audience, while his students and colleagues voted for his little girl.
Vu Deaton (mother)
Date of birth: May 13, 1958
Obviously, Sierra is really close to her mother, that’s why she felt quite uncomfortable during some episodes of The X Factor show when her mom hadn’t been able to be present.
Her full name is Mau Vu Deaton, and she is a Vietnamese refugee. The woman serves as a banker, but despite the busy schedule, she tried to be present at various competitions, where her daughter Sierra took part. By the way, the girl participated in many talent contests as a dancer, and Vu always stood by her side.
Vu lives in Winter Springs, FL. She practices Buddhism.
Sierra Deaton siblings
Lara Deaton (older sister)
Date of birth: August 28, 1984
Sierra’s sister is Lara Deaton. The woman is very private and tries to stay out of the limelight, so she doesn’t appear with her popular sibling in public very often, but they are very close and spend as much time together as possible.
She used to work as a vice president at Car Audio. She has a son from her previous relationships and a daughter Ophelia with her current husband James Wolfenden.
Sierra gained initial recognition as the winner of the third season of The X Factor US. Then she was the part of the duo and performed with Alex Kinsey, her high school love.
Alex & Sierra won the show and signed the deal with Columbia Records. In autumn 2016 they presented the debut extended play. But in January 2017 the couple announced their split, which actually took place a year ago. After that Deaton is making a career as a solo singer.
She was born in Philadelphia in the family of a Vietnamese mother Vu and a British father John, who is a professor of psychology. She grew up with an older sister.
Being a great music and dancing enthusiast in her early years, Sierra formed the duo with her loved one Alex Kinsey, whom she met in The University of Central Florida. They auditioned for the popular show “The X factor” several times, till finally they were accepted.
After the split of the duo Alex & Sierra, she released the solo song “Don’t Hurt”, which she presented under the name “Essy”. In such a way the singer wanted to say “good-bye” to her partner of 6 years Alex and to make the first step into the music industry independently.
Interesting and fun facts
- Sierra is in relations with the guitar player and the lead singer of the band “5SOS” Luke Hemmings now. They met in 2017, and in August that very year they appeared as a couple in public for the first time, and till now they share lots of sweet moments together, which are sometimes photographed and uploaded on Instagram by Luke or Sierra. Previously she planned to marry a school sweetheart and singer Alex Kinsey, they were engaged, but later called it quits.
- Her height is 5 feet 3 inches and her weight is 124 pounds.
- She has been practicing Irish dancing since the age of 2. Her mother Vu didn’t regret her time and took the girl to various beauty contests. In addition, the girl visited piano lessons. Actually, that was her start in the music industry.
- Sierra told that she tried to remain friends with her ex-fiancé Alex and once she tried to reach him, but he ignored her. After that Sierra understood, that they needed to cut any ties.
- She tells that she is quite often bullied in social media. The singer is not just criticized by some of the views but is also insulted sometimes. Once she shared through Twitter, that she lives her best life in spite of the fact, that some boys call her “ugly” or “untalented”.