Interesting Biography Facts
Leonard Albert Kravitz
musician, singer, songwriter, actor
May 26, 1964
New York City, New York, United States
Beverly Hills High School
Lenny Kravitz family members
Cynthia Garrett (stepsister) and 2 half-siblings from paternal side
Is Lenny Kravitz a gay/bisexual?
What is Lenny Kravitz marital status?
Who is Lenny Kravitz wife?
Lisa Bonet (ex-wife)
How many children does he have?
1 (daughter Zoë Kravitz)
Lenny Kravitz relatives
Who are Lenny Kravitz parents?
Sy Kravitz (father)
Date of birth: December 10, 1924
Date of death: October 29, 2005
Roxie Roker (mother)
Date of birth: August 28, 1929
Date of death: December 2, 1995
Lenny Kravitz siblings
Cynthia Garrett (stepsister)
Date of birth: February 16, 1964
He has 2 younger half-siblings from his father’s side.
Lenny Kravitz is a legendary musician, songwriter, music producer, and occasional actor. He was born in Brooklyn, New York in the biracial family (his father was Jewish, while his mother was African-American). The son of a producer and an actress, Lenny got interested in music at a tender age of 2 and at the age of 5, he was playing pots and pans in the kitchen, pretending they were drums.
He graduated from Beverly Hills High School, and after that music became the main passion in his life. He released his debut studio set on September 6, 1989. “Let Love Rule” became a massive hit and catapulted the young singer to stardom. A year later he added some kudos to his name when he produced a song “Justify My Love” for Madonna, which reached the peak position at Billboard 200.
He cemented his position of a rock star in 1991 after the presentation of his second hit album “Mama said”. His discography looks very extensive at the present moment – the singer has released 11 studio albums, most of which got golden and platinum certifications. In 2009 he tried his hand as an actor and appeared in the movie “Precious”.
As for now, Lenny Kravitz is a celebrated musician and holder of 4 Grammy awards.
Interesting and fun facts
- In his teens, the future rock musician learned to play various musical instruments, including keyboards, various kinds of guitars, saxophone, tambourine, trombone, and even a harmonica. Now he is nicknamed in the press as “a one-man band”.
- His too changeable personal life caused lots of talks. In fact, Lenny dated numerous women, including the model Adriana Lima, the actress Nicole Kidman and the singer Kylie Minogue. But just once he was married officially – to an actress Lisa Bonet, whom till now he names the main woman of his life.
- Lenny looks very fit for his 54 years old. The singer tells, that he always listens to his body and eats just organic food, which he gets from his own organic farm. He eats 4-5 little meals a day and drinks lots of coconut water.
- He develops his own line of clothing. Lenny creates fashionable clothes with the help of a celebrated fashion designer Tom Ford, who previously worked for Gucci.
- He is very proud of his daughter Zoë Kravitz, a rising Hollywood actress. The famous father found really warm words to congratulate his beloved child with her 30th birthday. The singer wrote that he loves her “beyond comprehension”.