Interesting Biography Facts
Kirshnick Khari Ball
rapper, band member
June 18, 1994
November 1, 2022 (28 years)
Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States
Takeoff (Migos) family members
Heaven Davenport (younger sister), Yusuke Ball (younger paternal half-brother), Kendra Ball (younger paternal half-sister), Michael Ball (younger paternal half-brother), Taveon Ball (younger paternal half-brother), Lingo Mufasa (maternal younger brother)
Is Takeoff (Migos) a gay/bisexual?
Who are Takeoff (Migos) parents?
Kenneth Ball (father)
Date of birth: October 1970
From Takeoff’s interview, we knew, that he grew up with his mother’s side of the family and wasn’t close with his dad. For many years we didn’t even know the name of Takeoff’s biological dad. But after his sudden and tragic death in November 2022, his father went into the limelight and spoke about his late son and their relationship.
It turned out, that Takeoff and his father hadn’t seen each other for 10 years (approximately since the rapper’s 18 years old). But Takeoff’s dad and his paternal half-brother told through social media, that it was the rapper’s mother, who kept him away from his father’s side of the family.
As Takeoff left no will, both his parents struggle for his assets right now.
We don’t want to judge anyone, just quote the words of Takeoff’s fans, which they left on social media. The general fan’s thought is that Takeoff was an adult person during the last 10 years of his life. He could arrange meetings with his dad and half-siblings without asking his mom’s permission. So, probably, the rapper didn’t want that. In any case, this situation between Takeoff’s parents will be fixed in court.
The name of Takeoff’s dad is Kenneth Michael Ball. Since 2005 he has been married to Mionda Lasheka Ball, 10 years his junior.
Takeoff is the oldest of his kids. From the paternal side, the late rapper has 4 half-siblings.
Titania Davenport-Treet (mother)
His mother, Quavo’s older sister, earned her living as a hairstylist. Takeoff had an amicable relationship with her. He told that she was his hairdresser and helped him to make his dreads.
After Takeoff’s murder, his mother immediately came to Houston and visited the police station. Police officers promised her to find the criminal and restore justice for her family. During Takeoff’s funeral, Mrs. Davenport told, that one day “she would come back to Takeoff”.
As of March 2023, Titania has an additional problem. She is locking horns with her ex-husband (and Takeoff’s father) Kenneth Ball. Although Takeoff in his interviews told, that his maternal grandmother was mostly the person, who raised him, his dad now insists, that he always cared about his late son. Now Mr. Ball claims for part of Takeoff’s net worth, which is estimated at $26 million. Unfortunately, the rapper didn’t leave any will.
Takeoff (Migos) siblings
Heaven Davenport (maternal younger half-sister)
Takeoff had a younger sister Heaven Davenport. That is a pretty girl with a shiny smile. She is the love and happiness of the whole family.
Lingo Mufasa (maternal younger brother)
Date of birth: May 4, 1997
In mass media another of Takeoff’s brothers is mentioned, Lingo Mufasa. He is also a rapper, known under the name “YRN Lingo”. Although we didn’t find any evidence of Takeoff and Lingo being siblings, YRN named himself on his Instagram stories as the rapper’s brother. So, we’ll tell you about him.
Lingo Mufasa comes from Nawfside, GA. He gained initial popularity in 2015 after the release of the single “Coming For Your Ice”, featuring another Migos member Quavo Marshall.
On November, 29 Lingo shared a touching post, devoted to Takeoff. He recollected in his mind the moments from their childhood, when little Kirshnick promised to become successful as a rapper and give his younger brother literally everything, starting from clothes and ending with games. In his cordial post, Lingo promised Kirshnick to take care of their mother Titania, and younger half-sister Heaven.
Yusuke Ball (younger paternal half-brother)
Takeoff’s brother from the paternal side also devoted a touching tribute to him. He confessed that he hadn’t seen his older brother for 9-10 years before his death.
Yusuke is a musician, too. He has already released several singles and an album “Sunny Thoughts For Rocky Roads”.
Kendra Ball (younger paternal half-sister)
Date of birth: circa 1998
Kendra is Takeoff’s sister from the paternal side. She went into the limelight when she tweeted about her older half-brother’s death. She denied the rumors that her father didn’t care about Takeoff when the rapper was a kid.
Michael Ball (younger paternal half-brother)
It seems that the youngest sons of Kenneth Ball, Takeoff’s dad, come from his marriage to Mionda Porter. It’s hard to tell, whether Takeoff and Michael were close. But they used to spend some time together later.
Taveon Ball (younger paternal half-brother)
Taveon is another of Takeoff’s half-brothers from the paternal side. Probably, they maintained some relationships, but not too close ones.
Kirshnik Khari Ball, widely known as Takeoff, was a famous hip-hop artist. He was “one-third” of a family band “Migos”, which was considered one of the most popular music groups in the world, compared to such legendary bands as Jackson 5 and the Beatles. The other members of “Migos” were his relatives Quavo and Offset.
Kirshnik entered this world in Gwinett County, GA. He grew up together with Quavo (Takeoff’s mother is his older sister). Later two boys grew up under the attentive care of Mama Huncho, Takeoff’s grandmother.
He was in middle school when felt that music was an inseparable part of his life. As Takeoff told in his interview with “Rolling Stone”, he was focused exclusively on making music in his school years, while Quavo shared his time between music and sports.
He became part of the band in 2008. He didn’t even finish high school. The man was catapulted to stardom in the company of the other band members. Like his colleagues and relatives Quavo and Offset, he tried his hand at solo projects, too. In November 2018 Takeoff released his debut album “The Last Rocket”. His set of songs received mostly positive reviews from critics, which proves the fact that he has a long perspective as a rapper. His debut creative work occupied the 4th position on US Billboard 200.
Quavo and Takeoff had lots of plans as a duo and separately, but on November 1, 2022, their dreams ended. Takeoff was tragically killed in the bowling alley in Houston, TX.
Quavo and his nephew Takeoff were playing dice when suddenly the shooting in the bar started. According to the police report, the accident happened at a closed party. The number of guests was not big – around 40-50 people were present. One of the visitors started shooting. The guards heard the sounds of shots but did not see the one who made them. When policemen arrived, they saw a man with a gunshot wound in his head or neck. That was Takeoff. And he has already died by the moment of the policemen’s arrival.
As of November 2022, it is not known, if Takeoff was the target of the unknown criminal, or he was shot accidentally.
Interesting and fun facts
- He was named in the press as the most silent and most modest member of the band. He didn’t like to give interviews and very rarely spoke in public. “I am not paid for it”, he said.
- He had been growing his dreads for 5 or 6 years. The man tried to keep them natural and didn’t care too much about them. “If we make the video, then I have to wash them”, he joked.
- He had never made public any of his love relationships. But one day the stripper London Dallaz posted pics with Takeoff in her bed, thus proving the fact that he slept with her. He was also shortly linked to Katy Perry.
- His height was 5 ft 9 in and his weight was 168 pounds.
- Takeoff was a very religious person. He was a Christian.
- Takeoff’s funeral took place on November 11, 2022, ten days after he was shot. Many people came to State Farm Arena (a multi-purpose place in Atlanta, GA) to say the last “Goodbye”. The tickets to his funeral, affordable for Georgia residents, were sold out very fast. Many famous rappers and singers came to Takeoff’s funeral. Drake and Justin Bieber were among them. The rapper Gucci Mane devoted the late musician to a single “Letter to Takeoff”.
- Many people still don’t know, what happened at the closed party at the bowling alley, where Takeoff was killed. During the accident two people were wounded (but the injuries were not too hard) and one person was killed (that was Takeoff). He was shot with a stray bullet. He just was near the crowd of people, who had a conflict because of the dice game.
- Of course, Takeoff’s fans want to know, who killed the talented young rapper. Police arrested the man, named Patrick Clark, as the suspect in Kirsnick’s death. Clark insists that he is innocent, while the police have some proof against him. The man was caught by the camera with a gun in one hand and a bottle of wine in another one. Later Clark’s fingerprints were found on that bottle. On January 6, 2023, the man was released from the court for a $1 million bond. Clark works as a strip club promoter and DJ.