Interesting Biography Facts
Sofía Margarita Vergara Vergara
July 10, 1972
Barranquilla, Atlántico, Colombia
Sofia Vergara family members
Julio Enrique Vergara Robayo
Margarita Vergara Dávila de Vergara
Sandra Vergara (younger sister) Julio Vergara (younger brother), Rafael Vergara (brother), Veronica Vergara (sister)
Is Sofia Vergara a lesbian/bisexual?
What is Sofia Vergara marital status?
Who is Sofia Vergara husband?
When did get married?
November 22, 2015
How many children does she have?
1 (son Manolo Gonzalez-Ripoll Vergara)
Sofia Vergara relatives
Her life story resembles that one of Cinderella. She was brought up in a middle-class family and had never thought about becoming a celebrity in her young years. But soon Sofia reached the stardom and even was ranked by Forbes as the highest-paid TV actress 7 years in a row. In 2018 she beat such great TV stars as Kaley Cuoco and Ellen Pompeo and occupied the first line in Forbes list.
Sofia seems so lucky to many people worldwide, but her success story hasn’t been smooth. She entered this world in Barranquilla, Colombia and was the youngest of 5 kids in Julio and Margarita Vergara family. She graduated from a high school, and then entered a Columbian university to study dentistry. But she quit her studies at the age of 17 after she had been discovered as a model. The fashion photographer found the well-shaped Sofia on the beach and convinced her to try her hand as a model. Thus, very rapidly she turned into a top model and TV star.
Sofia featured in numerous commercials, including diet Pepsi ads, and was a hostess of the travel TV show. She turned into a celebrity in Latin America but had to relocate to USA in 1998 after her brother had been kidnapped and murdered.
She started from scratch, and now she enjoys the results of her hard work. Vergara endorses a number of well-known products, like “Head & Shoulders” and “CoverGirl”, plays Gloria Pritchett in “Modern Family” and has in her resume a number of successful big screen projects, like “Machete Kills”, “Hot Pursuit” and others.
Interesting and fun facts
- At the age of 18, she wedded Joe Gonzalez, her high-school boyfriend. With him, she welcomed her only son Manolo. They divorced after a year of family life.
- In 2010-2014 Sofia dated a politician Nick Loeb. In 2013 the couple decided to pass vitro fertilization procedure and to freeze 2 embryos. After their separation, Nick made an attempt to find a surrogate mother and to give the embryos an opportunity to develop. But Vergara was against it, so her misunderstanding with Nick was considered in the court. Sofia won the process.
- She is a thyroid cancer survivor. Now Vergara supports other people with the similar disorder and advertises synthetic thyroid hormone.
- Shakira is her favorite singer and Johnny Depp is her favorite actor.
- In 2015 she received a star at Hollywood Walk of Fame.