Interesting Biography Facts
Marshall Bruce Mathers III
rapper, record producer, songwriter
October 17, 1972
St. Joseph, Missouri, United States
Lincoln High School
Eminem family members
Marshall Bruce Mathers, Jr.
Deborah Rae Nelson
Nathan Kane Samara (half-brother), Sarah Mathers (half-sister), Michael Mathers (half-brother)
Is Eminem a gay/bisexual?
What is Eminem marital status?
Who is Eminem wife?
Kimberly Anne Scott (ex-wife)
How many children does he have?
3 (daughter Hailie Jade Mathers, adopted daughters Alaina Marie Mathers and Whitney Scott Mathers)
Kim Scott (ex-wife; tied a knot twice)
Date of birth: January 9, 1975
Hailie Jade Scott Mathers (daughter with Kim Scott)
Date of birth: December 25, 1995
Alaina Marie Scott Mathers (adopted daughter)
Date of birth: May 3, 1993
Whitney Scott Mathers (Kim Scott daughter, adopted by him)
Date of birth: April 16, 2002
Who are Eminem parents?
Marshall Bruce Mathers, Jr. (father)
Date of birth: June 30, 1951
Date of death: June 26, 2019
Deborah Rae Nelson (mother)
Date of birth: January 6, 1955
Nathan Kane Samara (maternal half-brother)
Date of birth: February 3, 1986
Sarah Mathers (paternal half-sister)
Michael Mathers (paternal half-brother)
American rapper, music producer and composer, he is considered as one of the best-selling performers in the world. In addition, Eminem is the holder of fifteen Grammy awards and an Oscar for the best soundtrack to the movie “8 Mile”, where he portrayed the main hero, too.
Raised by a single mother, he passed through a lot of troubles on his way to stardom (most of which were described in his songs). He attended school in black neighborhoods in Detroit, MI and was the only white boy in his classroom. He was bullied for that, and one day the group of his classmates even beat him almost to death. After that his mother took her son and moved to Kansas City.
He started to rap at the age of 13, after listening to Ice-T album “Reckless”. Around that time he decided to rap professionally and started to write songs. Then he left school and began to rap full-time.
At first he combined career of a musician with work of a waiter in the nearest restaurant. In spite of incredibly tough schedule, he released the first album “Infinite” in 1996. It got modest reviews, but that didn’t stop the artist and he continued working and developing his skills.
He rose to stardom after release of the album “Slim Shady LP”, which he prepared in collaboration with Dr. Dre. As for now, the rapper boasts with 10 studio albums, and most of them were ranked as platinum.
Interesting and fun facts
- He created his stage moniker “Eminem”, having taken the initial letters of his real name – Marshall Mathers. The he created his other nickname – Slim Shady, when he was sitting in WC. By the way, Shady is his violent and aggressive alter ego. He invented him after a string of loud quarrels with his wife Kim.
- Eminem is single now. In spite of his short-term online flirt with Nicki Minaj, he is not dating anyone and is not married. When the singer is asked about that, he tells, that he would gladly marry a good woman if someone shows her to him.
- When the rapper was in his 20s, he participated in a shooting accident and was arrested for that.
- He hated the rapper Vanilla Ice and envied his success at first.
- As his ex-wife Kim tells, Eminem is a very good loving father.
- His hobbies are football and basketball.
- He likes fast food and often eats at Taco Bell chain of restaurants.
- His favorite color is blue. His favorite movie is “Scarface”. His favorite rappers are Tupac Shakur and Jay-Z.