Interesting Biography Facts
Sofía Daccarett Char
April 10, 1993
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, United States
University of California, Los Angeles
Sofia Carson family members
José F. Daccarett
Laura Char Carson
Paulina Char (sister)
Is Sofia Carson a lesbian/bisexual?
What is Sofia Carson marital status?
Who are Sofia Carson parents?
José F. Daccarett (father)
Date of birth: September 8, 1966
José F. Daccarett gained the status of a celebrity due to his beautiful and popular daughter Sofia Carson. Except for Sofia, he has another daughter – Paulina. During many years Jose has been married to Laura Char Carson.
Mr. Daccarett was born in Barranquilla, Colombia, but moved to the USA in his late teens. He attended Florida Atlantic University. While studying there, he met the beautiful girl Laura, who later became his wife.
Although Jose doesn’t publicize his occupation, it became known that he worked as a marketing specialist previously.
Laura Char Carson (mother)
Date of birth: April 8, 1968
Laura Char Carson comes from Barranquilla, Colombia. She became famous as a mother of Disney star Sofia Carson. But even before the daughter’s glory, Laura was known to the wide circle of people as a member of the influential Colombian family.
Her parents, uncles, and cousins were known in her home town as rich businessmen and politicians. Laura’s mother, Lauraine Carson, was that person, which “lent” Sofia her surname. The girl took “Carson” as her stage moniker instead of her real second name “Daccarett”.
Sofia Carson siblings
Paulina Char (younger sister)
Date of birth: July 21, 1995
Sofia was blessed with a great younger sister, her friend, and her supporter. No need to say, that Paulina has become a social media star immediately after creating her account because her sisters’ fans started to follow her.
As of now, Paulina has proved that she is a bright personality, too. She visits red-carpet events with her sister and has already made friends with many celebrities, including late Cameron Boyce, Sofia Vergara, and others. Recently she has graduated from college.
Ms. Sofia Carson is a talented young girl, who is interested in really serious things and tries to make this world better. Having gained popularity as a pop vocalist, dancer and TV star, she found the time in her busy schedule for philanthropic activity. The girl works for UNICEF, the Ryan Seacrest Foundation and is involved in many other charity projects. Besides, in 2019 she was appointed as an ambassador for the Latin Grammy Cultural Foundation. But how did she start her way on top?
The future star was born in Ft. Lauderdale, the picturesque city in Florida, which boasts with long beaches and sunny weather all year round. She is a daughter of Colombian immigrants José Daccarett and Laura Char. In her teens, Sofia joined getting academical education with the lessons at a dancing studio.
She started her career as a singer in 2012. But two years later she focused her mind on acting and portrayed Evie in the TV film “Descendants”. In 2015 the series “Descendants: Wicked World” came on the air, which was based on the eponymous film. That very year Disney Channel produced the comedy “Adventures in Babysitting”, where two young actresses – Sofia Carson and Sabrina Carpenter – played the title roles. That very year Sofia began to work on her debut album. In 2016 she released a super popular single “Love is the Name”. In August that very year, she presented the song “I’m Gonna Love You”.
As of now, Ms. Carson is busy at the set of “Pretty Little Liars: The Perfectionists”. Sofia’s very attractive looks and persistent nature helped her to gain an extensive fan base.
Interesting and fun facts
- Her role model is Jennifer Lopez, whom she had an opportunity to meet in person once. “I was star-struck”, Sofia later said. The next celebrity she dreams to see live is Britney Spears.
- As of 2020, Sofia Carson is single. By the way, the girl opened up in one of her interviews that she was afraid of falling in love because she didn’t want to get hurt. But the song “Ins and Outs” helped her to find strength. “After that song, I am ready to tell all my ins and outs to another person”, she confessed.
- According to her own words, Sofia was a nerd during her school years. “My shirt went below my knees, I wore glasses and I always had a ponytail”, she tells.
- She is a big fan of Meghan Markle and Prince Harry. Once she saw Prince Harry at one of the concert shows. He was surrounded by bodyguards.
- She is an actress and a singer, and she is not going to focus exclusively on any kind of these activities. Ms. Carson plans to act in the films and to record new music albums.